My blog is moving again. There have been problems with this server so I am moving to Crystal Stitches. Please bookmark the new link as new posts will go up there. Thank you!!
I’m making more goodies for my swaps on Swap-Bot. This is my first time making a journal cover so they aren’t perfect. I did learn quite a few things while making these. I will post a tutorial for making them on Crystal Stitches next week.
The first is for an initial swap that I am in. The person’s name that I have starts with an ‘S’. The design is from Hatched in Africa’s Jacobean Jewels 4×4 collection. I love adding the sparkle to these designs.
This cover is for a mushroom swap.
Both covers are made from khaki linen.
Here are two Wee Care gowns that I am donating to the Delphi HS&S Virtual Convention. You can read more about the Wee Care program here. Both gowns are from Nancy Coburn’s Book, Baby Daygowns IV. She has 3 or 4 preemie sizes plus a baby doll and an infant size included in this book. The first is a boy’s gown. Next time I make this one, I will take out more fullness through the sleeves and back. The gathers squooshed (technical sewing term tee hee) my tucks, pintucks and featherstitch on the front necline. I also straightened the sides so that I could put in a plain hem without easing. The sleeve hems are stitched down with blue floche in running stitch. The back has a pleated placket and 1 snap at the neckline. It measures 12″ long.
The girl version is smocked with beads and lace on the front neckline and sleeves. This is the quickest smocking I have ever done! It ties with satin ribbon on the back placket. This one measures 10″ long.
Ok, confession time…. I am a packrat. I feel like if I throw something away or give it away or sell it (you get the idea), I will need it. I am right 98% of the time. So now I have a 15 gallon container quickly filling up with Aaron’s old pants. The pants are too worn or stained to give away and I just can not throw them away. I thought about making quilts (too hot and heavy), purses (no desire to go there), and numerous other wacky ideas for these pants. I finally found something quick, easy, and useful to make with them. An apron! I cut the legs off the pants and cut the front and back apart. Next, I chose some dotty fabric (love polka dots!) to finish the edges and make the tie, which is threaded through the belt loops. Then, I customized a flower and wording on my Designer SE and embroidered it below the pocket (the pockets are still intact). I filled the pockets up with clothes pins and gifted it to a lady in the church who uses her clothesline regularly. She was so thrilled and said that this was the handiest clothes pin holder that she has ever owned. Success!! Now to recycle the rest of the bucket <sigh>
My nephew started pre-school this year so I made him this mat cover. It has a built in pillowcase and handles to carry the whole kit n caboodle home.
When his little friend saw it, she had to have a princess cover.
This fits a standard kindergarten mat sold in most department stores. If you would like directions to make this cover, email me.
There were 6 people guessing with 5 right answers. Sorry MaggieB, it was not a Durand pattern. I am so new to Heirloom that I don’t even know that company lol. Maybe you can scan a pic and put on your blog so I can see what I’m missing out on, hmm?
The dress is Dottie’s Day Dress in gray corduroy. I have almost finished the pleat embroidery and will start on the smocking today (smocked in pink). I am loving these colors together. I am thinking of submitting this one to SB if I can get my nerve up. Anyone know what the submission procedures are?
Without further ado, the winner is:
Let me know which fob you would like Robin, and I will mail it out on Tuesday. You can just leave a comment here or email me.
I would like to give away one of these scissor fobs. You can guess what pattern I am working on by the picture below and leave your guess in the comments. I will pull a name from all of the correct guesses and announce a winner on Sunday, Sept. 9, at 12:00pm. The winner can choose which color fob they would like by clicking here. You can click on the picture to make it larger.
I guess all the HS&S ladies will know lol.
Let the games begin!!
I have just finished the new Old Fashioned Baby Smocked Layette pattern. I smocked an original design added my own embroidery. This is the 0-3 mth. size. I used the gown patttern and added 6″ to the length so that I could add the drawstring hem.
It is made out of rice imperial batiste with ecru smocking and ecru ribbon. I embroidered bullion roses, rosebuds, and periwinkle forget me knots with soft yellow centers.
The sleeve is also smocked with added rosebuds.
I highly recommend this pattern as it is so quick to sew and smock. The touch of smocking just makes the daygown so sweet.